Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Simplify


I have been reading and watching a lot lately about the economy and how it has been effecting peoples lives. Even though it hasn't directly effected ours, yet, I decided that we needed to simplify our lives, like so many other people are doing. It's good once in awhile to go through your life and see what is the most important and what can be thrown out! We decided as a family that we were going to get rid of our satellite T.V. not only would it save us $52.00 a month but I felt like it was taking over our family time. Ever since we got rid of it I have not missed it at all, and I find my house is cleaner, I get more done, and Colton, Bryce, and I have more fun together.


I have also tried to save money by coupon clipping, and so far it has worked. I love the feeling of getting a great deal,,,,, like today

TOTAL spent $11.62

saved $64.95

got a free Body wash


I got

12 boxes of cereal
5 tubes of toothpaste
4 salad dressings
1 body wash

5 comments:

Gosfam said...

We don't have Cable or anything either. The girls watch occasional movies, but I like it without too. Such GREAT savings...where did you get your coupons? and where did you shop? Crazy!!

Patty said...

HOW?! How the heck did you get all that for under $12. Help me out here!

LKP said...

sprinkle a little natalie coupon magic this direction if you would please! =) we've been trying to simplify here too (mr. blizzard reading thoreau in my head right now "simplify, simplify, simplify") lol.

Ryan and Amber said...

Wow, That's great. Way to go.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.