Friday, January 15, 2010

I think that I am done having kids

Bryce's favorite outfit, I don't know why!

Colton and Taylee's feet, notice their pinkie toes both curl under, a Munns trait

I was on edge all day Wednesday knowing that in the morning I had to take my little girl down to the hospital for a procedure called a Barium swallow test. It's when they give you some nasty white stuff to swallow while they take ex-rays of your chest to make sure everything is functioning right. Luckily everything is good and she didn't cry during the procedure, all they found was that she has really bad reflux, shocker! It was so sad to watch the screen and see her food come back up her throat. She never cried, or even spit up, but I know that it hurt. They say that silent reflux, (what she has) is the worst kind because it hurts on the way up and then again on the way down. Today I am waiting for the doctor to call to see what are options are to treat this because I don't want it to damage her esophagus. I think that Bryce and I should be done having kids because I don't want to put anymore kids through this!

5 comments:

Gosfam said...

I hated when Kendall had to have eye surgery and go under anesthesia. She was 4 and it was scary!! Anyways it is never easy seeing our kiddos hurting or having to have procedures. Hang in there and I hope you find some help for her reflux.

Ryan and Amber said...

I'm sorry! I hate dealing with things like that. Good luck.

Summer Mortensen said...

No, you cannot be done having kids!! They are too dang cute to not have any more so i say you're not done.....haha!! I think she is just precious and i loved holding her the other day, even if she was crying!! Didn't bother me one bit! I'm sure it's tough to deal with it, but hang in there.....she came to you for a reason!! :)

Patty said...

Coltons feet look HUGE next to Taylee's. I bet you'll have more. We're going to have one set of babies at the same time right?

Mel said...

nah...i bet youll change your mind. Dels has a doc appt tomorrow and im hoping they will put her on something for her tummy too! she is always spitting up but sometimes nothing comes up. she is also gassy all the time! she has only been having crying spells in the evening though so that's gotten better at least!