Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two years ago today!

he was so tiny





just before Colton was born



proud pappa
kind of blurry but this was just minutes after he was born


mommy loving he new baby

Colton this past Sunday after church



helping mom make dinner

this was Colton on his 1st Birthday


Two years ago today, my mom and I were touring the parade of homes when I started to get some braxton hicks, nothing new for me since I had them my whole pregnancy, but these were different. They weren't painful just exactly 5 min. apart. As we were touring the houses my mom would time them and we did that for about 2 hours. My mom thought that we should go to the hospital, but me thinking that just like the movies, I would have to start screaming hold my belly as my water broke AND THEN go to the hospital, I wasn't going to go. My mom called Bryce who convinced me to go since earlier that week at our doctors appointment I was already dilated to a 3. When we got to the hospital ( still in no pain) I was dilated to a 5 but they told me they would wait an hour and have the Doctor decided weather she would send me home. Bryce told me that we weren't going home without a baby so he made me run up and down the stairs at the hospital, (thank goodness it was the weekend and we had Colton at Mountain View so there was no one around.) After about an hour the doctor checked me and I was a 7 so she asked if she could brake my water, SURE!!!! 5 hours later we had precious little Colton, he has been a joy in our life ever since.


I can't believe that he is 2 years old today I have learned so much from him and he is so fun to be around. I wanted to share with everyone some things that I love most about Colton, and also brag a little.

1. Everyone tells me how smart Colton is and I know that I can't take credit for all of it, he was just a very easy to teach and he retains things so well; for example he can COUNT TO 13 all by himself, he knows his ABC's, and can sing I am a child of God all the way through plus a number of other songs. He can pronounce words that kids his age have a difficult time saying and he surprises me everyday with something new he learned.


2. He will give anyone a hug and when I say a hug it's a tight squeeze with a kiss, he is so friendly!!


3. He loves to sing and always has to fall asleep with Children's Songbook songs on.



4. He is very polite and will say thank you when given something with out me reminding him.



5. He loves trucks and tractors, and his favorite thing to do is line them up in a row like a train.



6. His favorite food is peaches and pretty much any fruit, he also loves corn on the cob.



7. He loves to help mommy clean and cook and daddy drive the tractor


8. Where ever we go he has to wear a hat just like his dad


9. He loves animals



10. And my favorite is that he loves his mom and dad and lets us know all the time



HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON, mommy and daddy love you!!!!!

4 comments:

Meags.... said...

Happy Birthday Colton!

Patty said...

Happy Birthday Boyfriend Colton! You're the cutest smartest kid out there. Love you!

Gosfam said...

Oh how sweet!! Happy Birthday to Colton.

Lauren said...

AWWWW!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON!!!!

-Love you favorite cousin,
Lauren =D