Monday, November 22, 2010

One step at a time





lovers


Taylee started to take her first steps on Thursday of last week. Of course I have been trying to get her to walk FOREVER and she wont, but Bryce came home that night and she decided he was worth walking for, and took her firsts steps. She actually did really good that night taking 5 or 6 steps at a time. She was so proud of herself, clapping her hands to get a reaction out of us. Just like anything else it was short lived and now that she has accomplished that she no longer feels the need to walk anymore, she proved her point Right, STINKER!!!





On another note, Colton has been going to swim lessons on Tuesday and Friday for the past month. He loves it and can't wait to start up again in the spring. He has made so really fun friends, especially Brinkley, as you can see in this picture. Our last day of swim lessons, she turned to her dad and said "Colton is my best friend," so of course I had to get a picture of the two of them.


Colton did so well in swim lessons, he started not being able to go all the way under the water and can now hold his breath for 5 seconds. He can float on his back for a little while and has learned how to get out the the pool all by himself. He started out in the Wee swim class and will now move up to the one on one class. It has been fun for me to, because in this class you have to get into the water with them, co Colton and I got to share in the learning experience.

The instructor was so great and taught me a lot of things to help Colton I would defiantly recommend her to anyone, you can learn more about it at hibbardfishies.com

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Aw! Your kids are both soo cute! You should come to see us soon! :)

Julia Marcum said...

Colton totally looks like an adult in the picture with that little girl! He is a stud! And I LOVE Taylee's sweater. I am already thinking about swim lessons for Greta in the future. The girl is fearless and LOVES the water.

Patty said...

Colton's face in that picture with his swim buddy... priceless. Taylee's walking sounds a lot like Kole's rolling over. I did it once... what more do you want from me.