Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SCORE




I scored a great deal at Walmart last week on a bike for Colton. Bryce and I had been talking about getting him one for his birthday in September, and had been looking around at

different stores. The prices ranged from $39.00 to $79.00 and so I had been looking at yard sales too. We decided that by the time we bought one at a yard sale, fixed it up, bought training wheels ($10.00 ) we might as well buy a new one.

I ran into Walmart the other day to get some spray paint, and of course Colton can smell toys a mile away so we went down and looked at the bikes. in every Walmart there is always the one bike on the floor for all the kids to ride and the parents to try to get there kids off of, Colton hopped on it and away he went, he was born to ride!

I thought well I know the price but I am going to ask someone maybe it's on sale this week. So I asked and he couldn't find the price so he went to the back to see if he could find out. When he came back out he said " I talked to my manager and we couldn't find a price for it anywhere, so she told me to sell it to you for $15.00......WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS, I said! He said yes just go up to the front and tell them that the manager told you $15.00. I was so excited I could jump up and down, did I mention they had training wheels on them. Colton I think was more excited and asked if he could ride it home from the store, yeah right son, that's like 20 minutes away. Of course he rode it all day, Bryce took him down to the church and he rode it almost a mile home. He is so excited about it, and so am I, I love great deals!

3 comments:

Holly said...

HOLY COW- That is a dang good deal. Congrats!! We can't wait for Carson to want to ride a bike.

Patty said...

$15 for miles and miles of exercise. What a deal. You must have a bargain aura about you. They are just drawn to you.

Tracy said...

Where's that boy's helmet! :P $15 is ridiculous! Only you could get a teak like that. Lucky duck!