Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a great person

Bryce and I just got back from Cole Benson's funeral and even though it was sad and I cried like a baby it was very motivating and inspirational. He was such a good person inside and out, and even though I didn't know that much about him I was glad to have being associated with him. For those of you who don't know Cole, he is Bryce's second cousin, he lived just a short 21 years but had a huge impact on people and WOW what a exemplar life. He lived a pure life and I know that he is going to be a great missionary on the other side.

I am so glad to have the knowledge of the gospel, to be able to be sealed to Bryce and be able to live with my family for eternity, and that I have a loving Heavenly Father that will always be there for me when I need him. I just hope that I can always choose the right and be an example to my kids!

3 comments:

Summer Mortensen said...

It was a nice funeral wasn't it? I didn't know him that well either but i'm sure he was such a good person and a great example to those who were around him.

Jeremy and Chari Gallup said...

Nat I hadn't heard about this. What happened?

Tara Mortensen said...

Natalie thank you guys so much for showing your support to our family. I hope that we all came out of that funeral wanting to be a better person, i know that i did! It was a great comfort and the spirit was so strong. We left there with such a good feeling that cole was needed for far greater things than he could accomplish here on this earth. I will miss cole dearly, he was everyones favorite brother and friend! Thank you again!