We are so excited to have baby Carter in our family. He is such a sweet little baby and everyone just loves him.
He was born on Thursday, April 26th 2012, at 6:43 p.m. at Mountain View Hospital in Idaho Falls, Idaho. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 20 in long. He was suppose to be born on May 13th 2012, but decided he wanted to see his siblings a lot earlier than that.
I got up that morning having a feeling that he was going to be born that day. I wasn't suppose to met with my Dr. until Monday but somehow, through a awesome receptionist she triple booked him and I was able to see him on Thursday. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, did laundry, got my kids ready and sent them over to grandma's house. Bryce had decided not to go with me because the night before we had been at the hospital with Braxton hicks contractions until 12:30 thinking that we were going to have a baby. Let me give you a little back story about me. I dilate fast, and usually without contractions, don't hate, don't hate. Most people get mad at me and say that's not fair, but honestly most people know when they are in labor but I don't. Which means because my Dr. is in Idaho Falls I could deliver on the way to the hospital or at home, something that made me very nervous the last nine months. With my previous pregnancies I just get Braxton hicks, which aren't painful but consistent. When I went into my Dr. appointment with Taylee she told me that I was dilated to a 7 and I could go upstairs to the hospital and have a baby if I wanted to. See what I mean, good but bad. With Carter I had had braxton hicks contractions on Sunday, was dilated to a five but was sent home. On Wednesday, started having them again, they lasted for 7 hours so we went back to the hospital, I was still a five. They kept me for 5 hours and then sent me home. They said if I had been 38 weeks they probably would have kept me, but since I was 37weeks and 3 days, I was considered pre-term so they wouldn't keep me, but they also wouldn't stop my labor, weird I know. So the next day Bryce said he didn't want to go with me because he knew they were just going to send me home, plus I had cleaned my whole house with no contractions at all. I got to my appointment at about 2:30 p.m. my doctor checked me, laughed and said, "wow what am I going to do with you, you are at a 7-8. He told me that he was comfortable with delivering me and to call my husband and head up to the hospital. He would come up in about an hour and brake my water. I called Bryce and of course he was driving the semi and would be there in about two hours. The doctor came up to brake my water and I told him to wait because my husband wasn't there yet. Just so you know, I AM A WUSS, I got an epidural, yes with out being in pain, and being dilated to a 8 but for reasons I won't go into, that happened with my last delivery, I am glad I got one. Bryce showed up at about 5:10, my Dr. broke my water at 5:20 and at 6:43 baby Munns was born. So far I have had a easy recovery and this baby makes it easy too, he is so sweet and good so far, I hope he keeps it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Carter was 7 lbs, 8 oz according to the picture of him on the scale. :P OMG you had such a tiny baby belly. Are those your NORMAL jeans?! Welcome again baby Carter, you sure are cute!
Post a Comment