Tuesday, September 21, 2010

2095.5 miles later........

We took a trip to Washington to see my brother get married. We had a alot of fun except for the fact we were in the car half the time. Bryce was so sick of driving we let Taylee drive most of the way!
just relaxing, isn't that what you are suppose to do on vacation

we had a Birthday party for Colton at my parents house with some of the cousins. They were getting ready to play a game popping each others balloons, how fun.



what farm kid can have a birthday without getting a tractor



I sense a little sibling jealousy




looks like Colton really cares, but apparently I do!





this was my favorite part of the trip, nap time!!! The other two boys are my sisters kids Mason and Rooks.



Coltons favorite presents where his Buzz Lightyear and Woody, I am the best mom!



FYI: Colton has slept with his toys every night since he got them




We had to go eat at the rain forest cafe while we were in Seattle, it was so yummy and fun to watch the kids reaction when the there was a rainstorm, and the animals went nuts. Funny thing is we were at the zoo all day which looks like a rain forest while it rained all day, kind of lessened the experience but oh well!


All of us eating dinner at the rain forest cafe


then we went down to the Space needle, the kids thought it was pretty cool


but they loved this water thingeee as the kids called it, by the time we were done they were all soaking wet.




Madison, Mason, Ridge, Colton, and Rooks all sitting on the FAKE lizard at the zoo in Seattle. They are all my sister Brooke's kids except for of course Colton who fits right in. He had so much fun with his cousins and still talks about them. They live in Roosevelt Utah so we don't get to see them that much.



There was a part in the zoo were you could go feed the birds the kids loved that


just visiting some old relatives!!

All Colton wanted to see was the elephants

they wouldn't let us take this home




I lived in Seattle right after I graduated from high school many many years ago. I passed by this zoo everyday on my way to work and never went until now!


The main event, My OLDER brother, but not old, got married to my new sister in law on September 18th in the Seattle temple, I was so glad that Bryce and I were able to be there and witness it, it was beautiful and we just love Melissa to pieces. She was so kind to us while we stayed in Seattle letting us crash her house, I when I say crash I mean it, there was Corina (my sister) her husband Chan, My sister Brooke, her four kids, Bryce and our kids, and my brother Nick all in her four bedroom house, what a trooper!!!!

puppy love




they had their luncheon at this historic building in Kirkland by the water is was really pretty and the food was great, thanks Mom and Larry.


Colton was so interested in these HUGE leaves we found at the Temple


Of course we had to go to the Ocean, this was just a block away from were my Brother and his wife had there reception, so the next day we went and had some fun building sand castles and playing at the beach.


The kids really wanted to ride the fairy boat it was so pretty, I love Seattle!



We took the Kingston Fairy in Edmond's, this was about 5 miles away from where I lived when I lived in Seattle, MEMORIES!



Bryce, Colton, and my step dad Larry







We Had a really good time on our trip and love that we got to go somewhere fun with my family, I wish that we all lived closer together so we could do this more often, it really makes you treasure the time with them, and love them even more!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish I could have seen more of you. Love ya!

Kyle said...

Looks like fun! And your kids are adorable. I especially like the pin strip suit your son is wearing in some of the pictures.

Summer Mortensen said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip! It's always fun to get away for a little while isn't it?

Holly said...

Wow, what a fun trip. The driving maybe not so much. But spending time with family doing fun things is always a great vacation!