Tuesday, October 20, 2009

week 32 appointment

I had my 32 week appointment today, I have been having contractions A LOT the last couple of weeks and have been on some medicine to stop them that sometimes works so I was worried going into the appointment that I would be dilated and they would put me on bed rest. To my surprise I haven't dilated and everything looks good. I told my doctor that I know that something is wrong and we needed to find out why I was contracting so much. She ran some test and found out that I had an bacterial infection, nothing to worry about and she gave me some medicine to get rid of it. She is very confident that it was what was causing me to go into labor and that getting rid of the infection my contractions will stop, I HOPE. Other than that everything looks great! I ended up getting the H1N1 vaccine, I hope that was the right decision, my doctor and I talked about the pro's and con's and I decided that with all the risks that it is to pregnant women and how many people are getting it in our area that I better get one, it's very scary!!!!!

3 comments:

ashley said...

i decided to get the H1N1 vaccine as well! it was kinda a scary decision but i figured the pros of getting it outweighed the cons. i'm glad that your doctor found the reason for your contractions...hopefully the medicine works! keep us posted!

Patty said...

You are such a conscious mom. I love it. Can't wait to meet her!

Rachel Nielsen said...

Glad you found out what could be causing the contractions and yay for no dilation! Keep us posted on how the medicine works :)