Friday, February 6, 2009

My brother Nick


Today is my brother Nicks birthday, he is 23 years old. Nick is the youngest in my family and the cutest!!!!!!!
As you can see Nick is down syndrome or trisomy 21 which means that he has an extra 21st chromosome. Nick was also born with a hole in his heart which can be common in children with down syndrome. He was very sick when he was little and had multiple open heart surgeries to fix his heart problems. Today he has a pacemaker (that he is very proud of) and has to take medicine everyday for the rest of his life.
My little brother has been through so much in his life and always has a smile on his face and kind words for everyone. He is the most loving person that I know, and loves to joke around with you whenever he can. Nick is not shy at all and would go up to a stranger (as he as done before) and give them a hug or a kiss. A few years ago my mom and Nick where at my sister's soccer game, there was a man sitting in front of my mom just watching the game when he received a kiss on the top of his bald head. Of course it was from my little brother who had quickly giving him a kiss and walked away only to have the man turn around and see my mom sitting there, what a joker. When Nick was little he had the cutest glasses that you had ever seen, he was so small for them that they had to be held together with a piece of velcro in the back.
Today Nick works at Columbia Industries putting clothes on hangers and cleans the lunch room, he loves his job and is very good at it! Nick leads a simple life; gets up goes to work, comes home, does his routine, listens to his music EVERY DAY, and keeps to himself. He is such a joy to be around and makes me strive to live the best I can. I know that Nick in the purest person I know and he was sent straight from our Heavenly Fathers arms.
Nick is also a very good athlete, my mom and dad have made sure that he is very active playing basketball, baseball, swimming, ect. with all of the other kids at Special Olympics. If you go in his room it is filled with medals he has won for different events.
I wish you could all meet Nick and for those who have you know what I mean, he will touch your life in the amount of time you meet him. He is very liked with everyone and was even royalty twice in High School, everyone loves Nick, but not as much as I do!!!!!!!!!!
Nick I love you very much and wish that I could be there to spend your birthday with you, I miss you very much kisses

2 comments:

steffielu said...

Happy Birthday Nick!! We love you too.

LKP said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!